Easy to prepare, inexpensive, healthy and tastey alternative to breakfast cereal or dessert!
“I can’t believe this is good for me!”
This recipe is easy to prepare, and tastes delicious. Feel free to get creative with it and find your own favorite recipe. This dessert recipe is a creative take on Classic Overnight Oats. It is really simple, just add all of the ingredients to a mason jar, stir, refrigerate overnight, and enjoy the next day! I find I can prep them for the week and they hold up pretty well in the fridge. The recipe below is a good serving size for 1 person.
Ingredients and Benefits:
- ¼ Cup of plain Greek yogurt
- ½ Cup (heaping) rolled oats
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened milk of choice (I use Almond Milk)
- 1 TBL chia seeds – I purchase on Amazon by Navitas Organics
- (supports weight loss, high in Fiber and Protein, excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids to raise “good” cholesterol that protect against heart attach and stroke, high in Iron and Calcium, reduces risk of Diabetes, hydrates the body, reduces Inflammation)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 0-2 TBL honey or maple syrup
- 1 Large carrot peeled and shredded
- 2 TBL softened cream cheese
- 1/4 Cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon