Looking for a light and refreshing cocktail this winter?
Crisp, evergreen notes with a refreshing and medicinal finish!
This homemade rosemary simple syrup is a great addition to your home bar!
What you will need:
- 10 sprigs of fresh rosemary (even better if you harvest from your own garden!)
- Gin (I prefer Bombay Saphire)
- Club Soda
- 2 cups of sugar
How to make the Simple Syrup:
- Mix 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water in a small pot — bring it to a boil!
- Add the 10 broken apart sprigs of rosemary to the boiling water and reduce to simmer
- Continue to stir
- I typically stir and simmer for about 10 – 15 minutes, or until it tastes REALLY Rosemary-ee.
- Strain the simple syrup a few times until all of the rosemary is out (NOTE: I like to save a few sprigs to use as garnish for the cocktails)
- Let cool!!!!!
- In a tumbler glass, fill with ice
- Add 2 ounces of Gin
- Add 2 ounces of Rosemary Simple Syrup
- Top with Club Soda and a sprig of Rosemary
- Mix and Enjoy!
This cocktail is great on the rocks! The simple syrup is also delicious in tea, over ice-cream, or chilled and shaken with vodka!