Do you have way too much basil than you know what to do with?
Is your basil plant producing an abundance of beautiful and luscious leaves?
Don’t Toss That Basil!!!
You can naturally preserve those fresh leaves to use another day!
So often we purchase herbs that we need for a particular recipe, and then we put the rest in the fridge, only to learn in a few weeks that it has gone completely off! This is an easy and affordable way to preserve that fresh taste and not waste!
I know that for me personally, I have learned that my basil plant thrives and grows every time I harvest the fully grown leaves! I sometimes feel like I can’t keep up with the amount of basil it is producing. Thanks to a dear friend of mine, I learned about this great sustainable trick.
No more need for store bought, dried basil in this house! This trick will bring fresh basil flavor to every dish! Learn more about growing your own herbs indoors with me in sustainable living.
It is THIS simple…
What will you need?
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Blender or Food Processor
- Ice Cube Tray
- Freezer Bag
What do you do?
- Go ahead and harvest your leaves
- Put in blender or food processor
- Add just enough EVOO to wet the basil
- Blend until shredded up a bit
- Pour mixture into the ice cube tray
- Once the mixture is frozen, remove from tray and put in freezer bag until you need it!
- Just break off the amounts that you want to use when you need it!
How does this work?
Add the desired amount to your favorite sauce, or add to a pan with sautéed garlic and EVOO to act as a fresh base for a decadent dish!