Easy to prepare, inexpensive, healthy and tastey alternative to breakfast cereal.
This recipe is easy to prepare, and tastes delicious. Feel free to get creative with it and find your own favorite recipe. It is really simple, just add all of the ingredients to a mason jar, stir, refrigerate overnight, and enjoy the next day! I find I can prep them for the week and they hold up pretty well in the fridge. The recipe below is a good serving size for 1 person.
Ingredients and Benefits:
- ¼ Cup of plain Greek yogurt
- ½ Cup (heaping) rolled oats
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened milk of choice (I use Almond Milk)
- 1 TBL chia seeds – I purchase on Amazon by Navitas Organics
- (supports weight loss, high in Fiber and Protein, excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids to raise “good” cholesterol that protect against heart attach and stroke, high in Iron and Calcium, reduces risk of Diabetes, hydrates the body, reduces Inflammation)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp Lion’s Mane – I purchase on Amazon by Real Mushrooms
- (mushroom extract that improves Brain Function, promotes Nerve Regeneration, high in Antioxidants, combats Depression and Anxiety, supports the Immune System, controls Blood Sugar Levels, Anti-tumor effects against liver cancer, gastric cancer and colon cancer, reduces fatigue, improves Cognitive Function, Protects the liver)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- (fights/treats type 2 diabetes, lowers “bad” cholesterol, helps to treat symptoms of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, anti-inflammatory (reduces pain headaches and arthritis pain))
- 0-2 TBL honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup blueberries, raspberries or sliced banana